Closing date 7th June 2013
Postdoctoral position Jewish Studies / Medieval Jewish History,
Humboldt-University of Berlin, Germany.
Within the ERC Advanced Grant project “FOUNDMED. Foundations in medieval societies. Cross-cultural comparisons” a team of researchers from different fields under the supervision of Principal Investigator Michael Borgolte is preparing an encyclopaedia of foundations in the Middle Ages at the Department of History of Humboldt-University of Berlin, Germany. Currently we are looking for a new member of our team: There is a position of a research associate (Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in – TV-L E 13) with a doctoral degree in Jewish Studies or Medieval Jewish History (or equivalent) to be filled as of August 1, 2013. It is a fixed-term position limited to the project period (until May 31, 2017).
- contributions to the preparation of an encyclopaedia of foundations in the Middle Ages from the perspective of Jewish Studies / Medieval Jewish History
- participation in the comparative and interdisciplinary research on the history of foundations in premodern times
- active involvement in the general academic work of the project
- an excellent doctoral degree in Jewish Studies or Medieval Jewish History
- good command of English in speech and writing, ability to at least read and understand German
- good command of Hebrew
- willingness to work in an interdisciplinary team of scholars
- good knowledge about the history of foundations an advantage
Please send your application including vitae and graduate transcripts to
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Institut für Geschichtswissenschaften
Prof. Dr. Michael Borgolte
by June 7, 2013. Please include the reference code DR/072/13.
As Humboldt-University is an AA/EEO employer, applications by women are especially welcome. Handicapped applicants with equivalent qualifications will be given preference. Since we will not send back unsuccessful applications we ask you to send copies of the documents supporting your application.
If you have any further questions about the position to be filled or the application process, please contact Prof. Dr. Michael Borgolte (Borgoltem@geschichte.hu-berlin.de) or the project coordinators (firstname.lastname@example.org).