Closing date 13th November 2013
Fulbright Commission Program
The Fulbright Commission of Ireland annually awards grants to Irish and E.U. postgraduate students, scholars, and professionals to study, research, and lecture in the United States and for Americans to do the same in Ireland.
Most of the Fulbright funding programmes are now open with a deadline of November 13th 2013.
For information on all schemes, please [CLICK HERE]
Additional detail on two of the schemes is provided below:
A. Hosting a US Fulbright Scholar for the Academic Year 2015 – 2016
In these challenging times, hosting a US Fulbright Scholar is a creative and cost effective way to
- Draw from a “deep reservoir of expertise” in the United States to advance educational, professional and organisational development
- Capitalise on Fulbright’s international reputation for excellence
- Create strategic alliances with institutions and individuals in relevant disciplines, skills and policy areas.
What Are They?
The Fulbright U.S. Scholar Awards are grants for American citizens to undertake research or lecturing in Ireland over a period of three to twelve months.
How To Apply?
The procedure for requesting a US Fulbright Scholar for 2015 – 2016 is to request additional information and Scholar Request Application Form and return the completed Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13thNovember 2013. An application should be completed for each Scholar being requested.
The Commission has a provisional budget of €40,000 for grants which it will use to fully fund or co-fund with Irish institutions US scholars who apply for All Discipline awards.
B. Fulbright Irish Scholar Awards
The Fulbright Irish Scholar Awards are grants for Irish citizens (or E.U. citizens resident in Ireland for 3+ years) to complete postdoctoral or professional research or lecturing over the course of one year in the United States.
There are a number of different types of grants available for Scholars and Professionals interested in going to the U.S. on a Fulbright Award including:
- general scholars – all disciplines except clinical medical studies.
- postdoctoral researcher with a recent PhD (no more than two years ago) in the area of Water, Climate Change, or Sustainable Development.
- postdoctoral researcher with a recent PhD (no more than two years ago) with a focus on Innovation, including new technologies
- postdoctoral researcher with a recent PhD (no more than two years ago) with strong experience in the agriculture, food, or forestry sector.
All scholars and professionals who meet the eligibility criteria can seek an affiliation with a U.S. institution to complete independent research, lecturing, or a combination of both. For all grants, the Fulbright Commission is seeking excellent applicants with strong leadership skills and a commitment to the ethos of being a Fulbrighter. Please see the FAQs for more information.
Application form: email email@example.com to indicate your interest in applying stating: your full name; area of research; where you intend to seek affiliation.
Closing date: November 13th, 2013.
All applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible so they can be checked for completeness and any issues rectified before the deadline.