Closing date 23rd January 2014
Masters in Medieval Studies,
Central European University,
Merit-based Scholarships Available
Central European University is an English-language, graduate university located in Budapest, Hungary. With students from some 100 countries and faculty from more than 40, CEU offers an extraordinary student/faculty ratio of 8:1. CEU is accredited in the U.S. and Hungary.
CEU’s Department of Medieval Studies provides intellectually challenging comparative and multidisciplinary postgraduate education on all aspects of the history and culture of the period between 300 and 1600 C.E. International faculty members cover Central and Western Europe as well as the Byzantine, Slavic, Jewish, Arab, and Ottoman worlds.
- Master of Arts in Medieval Studies (One Year)
- Master of Arts in Comparative History: Interdisciplinary Medieval Studies (Two Years)
- Master of Arts in Cultural Heritage Studies: Academic Research, Policy and Management (Two Years)
Selected Areas of Research
- Western, Central, and Eastern European history of the Middle Ages
- Eastern Mediterranean history from Constantine the Great to Suleiman the Magnificent (combining Late Antique, Byzantine, Eastern Christian, Islamic, and Ottoman studies)
- Environmental/landscape history
- History of religion, philosophy, and science
- Social science approaches to material culture, art history, archaeology, cultural anthropology, and manuscript studies
- Tangible and intangible cultural heritage: historical approaches to understanding the past
- Sustainable development in the management of cultural heritage
Scholarships and Fellowships
- CEU is committed to attracting talented students from around the world—a commitment backed by generous financial aid. The University provides a variety of scholarships and research grants for which applicants from any country are eligible to apply.
- CEU Master’s Degree Fellowships (full or partial) include a full tuition scholarship (with a value of €11,000 to €12,000), housing in the CEU Residence Center, health insurance, and a monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
- CEU Master’s Degree Tuition Scholarships (full or partial) cover between 50 and 100 percent of tuition expenses up to €12,000 per year.
- Direct Student Loans and Canada Student Loans are available for eligible U.S. and Canadian students.
- External Scholarships and Financial Aid Programs administered through CEU include Erasmus Mundus scholarships, Erasmus research grants, and other private and public fellowships and scholarships.
Application Deadline | January 23, 2014
To apply, please click the More Information button.