Óenach Reviews 5.2 ( 2013)
The latest issue of Óenach Reviews is now available to read online.
1. Kenneth Rooney, Mortality and Imagination. The Life of the Dead in Medieval English Literature. Brepols: Turnhout, 2011. Reviewed by John Scattergood (pp. 1–5)
2. Phyllis Gaffney and Jean-Michel Picard (ed.), The Medieval Imagination. Mirabile Dictu. Essays in Honour of Yolande de Pontfarcy Sexton. Dublin: Four Courts Press, 2012. Reviewed by Frances McCormack (pp. 6–8)
3. Robert Adams, Langland and the Rokele Family. The Gentry Background to Piers Plowman. Dublin: Four Courts Press, 2013. Reviewed by Kath Stevenson (pp. 9–15)
4. Colum Hourihane, Romanesque Art and Thought in the Twelfth Century. Princeton: University Press: Princeton, 2008. Reviewed by Jenifer Ní Ghrádaigh (pp. 16–23)
5. Janet Burton and Karen Stöber, The Regular Canons in the Medieval British Isles. Turnhout: Brepols, 2011.Reviewed by Catherine Swift (pp. 24–31)
6. Mary Garrison, Arpad P. Orbán & Marco Mostert (ed.), Spoken and Written Language: Relations between Latin and the Vernacular Languages in the Earlier Middle Ages. Turnhout: Brepols, 2013. Reviewed by Juliet Mullins (pp. 32–36)