The Four Courts Press Michael Adams Prize in Irish Medieval Studies
- This prize is announced and awarded annually at the International Congress on Medieval Studies at Kalamazoo.
- The prize is awarded for the best essay/article in Irish Medieval Studies published in a book or journal during the previous calendar year. This year’s prize, which will be awarded in May 2014, will be awarded for an essay/article published in 2013.
- Only articles/essays written by members of ASIMS will be considered. Membership can be arranged via www.asims.org/membership. Membership dues are as follows:
Regular Membership: $50
Lecturer/Part Time Faculty: $30
Student Membership: $20
- The prize is open to everybody, from students to senior academics.
- Each entrant must submit his/her article on or by 28 March of the year of the prize ceremony (i.e. if you are entering the competition with an essay/article that was published in 2013 you must submit your entry for consideration on or by 28 March 2014).
- The preferred submission format is PDF as an email attachment. If submitting by post, send four paper copies.
- All submissions for the year 2013 are to be sent by 28 March 2014 to Dr. Brian Ó Broin, Dept of English, William Paterson University, 300 Pompton Road, Wayne, NJ 0747. Email: email@example.com
- The entries will be judged by a panel consisting of: (a) a representative of Four Courts Press; (b) a representative of ASIMS; and (c) a chairperson nominated by Four Courts Press and ASIMS.
- The prize is a cheque to the value of US$500 from Four Courts Press. A summary of the article will be reprinted in EOLAS, the journal of ASIMS.