The Four Courts Press Michael Adams Prize in Irish Medieval Studies
- This prize is announced and awarded annually at the International Congress on Medieval Studies at Kalamazoo.
- The prize is awarded for the best essay/article in Irish Medieval Studies published in a book or journal during the previous calendar year. This year’s prize, which will be awarded in May 2016, will be awarded for an essay/article published in 2015.
- Only articles/essays written by members of ASIMS will be considered. Membership can be arranged via: http://www.asims.org Membership dues are as follows:
Regular Membership: $50
Lecturer/Part Time Faculty: $30
Student Membership: $20
- The prize is open to everybody, from students to senior academics.
- Each entrant must submit his/her article on or by 25 March of the year of the prize ceremony (i.e. if you are entering the competition with an essay/article that was published in 2015 you must submit your entry for consideration on or by 25 March 2016).
- The preferred submission format is PDF as an email attachment. If submitting by post, send four paper copies.
- All submissions for the year 2015 should be sent by 25 March 2016 to Dr. Westley Follett, Dept of History, University of Southern Mississippi, 730 East Beach Blvd, Long Beach, MS 39560. Email: email@example.com
- The entries will be judged by a panel consisting of: (a) a representative of Four Courts Press; (b) a representative of ASIMS; and (c) a chairperson nominated by Four Courts Press and ASIMS.
The prize is a check to the value of US$500 from Four Courts Press. A summary of the article will be reprinted in EOLAS, the journal of ASIMS.
Download a copy of the Adams Poster.