Post-doctoral Fellowships, Doctoral Funding and Grants for Early Career Academic among awards open for competition as part of the 2019 NUI Awards Scheme
On Monday 21 January 2019 NUI launched its annual competitions for graduate, doctoral and post-doctoral awards and grants.Last year, NUI granted in excess of €1 million worth of awardsto NUI students, graduates and staff, and looks forward to continuing with another successful year of the Scheme in 2019.
Among the Awards on offer in 2019 are:
- A Post-Doctoral Fellowshipin Sciences, Engineering and Architecture, worth €80,000
- 4 NUI Travelling Studentshipsin the Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences, each worth €96,000 to fund doctoral students undertaking travelas part of their PhD programme
- An NUI Dr Peter Sutherland Travelling Studentship, worth €96,000 to fund a doctoral student within the broad field of European Studies
- NUI Dr Mary L Thornton Scholarship and Prize in Educationfor doctoral students in the field of Education
- The Irish Historical Research PrizeandNUI Publication Prize in Irish Historyfor publications in the area of Irish history for doctoral students in the field of Education
NUI is particularly delighted to offer the NUI Dr Peter Sutherland Travelling Studentship in European Studiesin 2019, in honour of the late Dr Peter Sutherland SC, in respect of his work in the area of EU student mobility and his wider range of EU-related interests and experience. It will be open to competition to doctoral students in any area of European Studies and is valued at €96,000.
This year’s programme of Awards reflects
NUI’s commitment to supporting and
encouraging academic achievement at all levels
throughout the federal university. It will provide fantastic opportunities for students and graduates
for further study or research, whether
in Ireland or overseas.
Dr Attracta Halpin,
Further information contact:
National University of Ireland,
49 Merrion Square,
Dublin 2, D02 V583.
T: 353 (0)1 4392424
Facebook: National University of Ireland