FORUM UM LÉANN NA MEÁN-AOISE AGUS AN RENAISSANCE IN ÉIRINN
The Village Green: Comments, Notes, and Other Marginalia
Welcome to the new home for reflections and ruminations Medieval and Renaissance, from the aphorism to the treatise.*
- Current Village Green posts: newest first, in no other particular order …
To contribute a feature to The Village Green, please email email@example.com.
- the Contributor’s Rough Guide: for further information on writing for the Forum, “posts” as discussion threads, and how the site works.
* “Reflections and ruminations Medieval and Renaissance” is broadly construed to encompass the period from Late Antique to Early Modern, or its local equivalent, in all parts of the world; and to include the following discursive modes:
- Glosses, translations, and scholarly queries
- Commentary, ideas, notes, jottings, observations, and all manner of cogitations
- Conundrums and Paradoxes, Points to Ponder, Things Spotted (and Unspotted)
- Questions, issues in research, requests for information and help (where to find something, how to access a certain resources, where one might find more information on a given topic)
- Lengthier pieces of writing
- Discussion about forthcoming activities of a verbally performative sort. Including but not restricted to talks, lectures, conferences, colloquia, workshops, and seminars. And commentary thereon once they have occurred.
- Discussion about forthcoming activities of a written and published nature, rather than of a performative sort. Calls for papers for books and journals. Announcements of forthcoming publications. Launches. Prizes and awards ceremonies. News, previews, reviews. And, again, postmortem commentary. [back up to the top][Material by former Admin a.k.a. Juliet O’Brien is now on Meta meta medieval, in case you’re looking for Tangents du jour and others of that ilk]